i miss being new to film.
i miss the old days of film when it was just a hobby, when it was just friends with a camera. i miss not knowing where to put a camera, not knowing how to use final cut pro, not knowing the three point lighting system. i miss the meetings where film budgets never broke $100. i miss being okay with DV.
i miss the arguments over budgets when they slowly started to climb as we got more serious. i miss the terrible auditions with LA actors, the headshots flying in from everywhere, posting on the UCI casting board.
i miss the initial amazement of the redrock or the letus, of the dvx100, the canonxl2, and how it became the things to have. i miss the trip to sammys for tapes, for apple boxes, for hmi's, for sandbags, i miss the homemade tracks. i miss staring at a 35mm adapter in awe. i miss having no idea what digiprimes were, what they did, and seeing it as alien technology.
i miss being a kid who wanted to make movies. it's not the same anymore. it's just as serious, fun, exciting and difficult. but shits not innocent anymore, and it never will be.
some christians believe a girl can pray for her virginity back if she's been raped, but they're not fooling anyone.
08 April, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awww. I love those $100 budgets.
I feel ya though.
The prayers for virginity are more about the purity of the heart and mind. Not so much physically. I think you could probably have that much...
PS- Come over for dinner all the time, man. I will feed you! Do not go hungry ever again while I am still here!!
Post a Comment